Here, at the Faculty of Law at An-Najah University, we will never stop growing or experimenting with new approaches to provide our students with education in law that is relevant, empowering and intellectually stimulating.
Faculty staff welcome prominent experts from the community and abroad to speak to the next generation of legal leaders and scholars about emerging issues in legal studies, bridging the gap between the academic realm and practical knowledge. Students at An-Najah have opportunities to engage in discussions, discuss current and innovative projects, and share lessons learned.
Workshops and training
- Training with Al-Haq Institute on International Law and International Humanitarian Law (for graduate students and Legal Researchers) 22/8/2015.
- An Najah University, in cooperation with Al-Quds and Birzeit universities, organized a training course about "Regulatory Impact Assessment” in Amman, Jordan. (18-20/12/2015).
- Workshop with DCI “The Juveniles’ Police Unit in Palestine; between international standards and public reality.” It was conducted by Mr. Khalid Quzmar, the director of DCI in Palestine, and Ms. Sawsan Salahat, a lawyer at DCI.
- Workshop “Official Misconducts in Palestine” with Mr. Belal Bargouthy, the legal consultant at AMAN. (14/9/2105).
- Workshop Workshop. “Challenges of the Integrity of Governance” by AMAN. (01/06/2015).
- Workshop with lecturer Noor Adas about "The Criminal Protection of the witness" (10/2/2015).
- Workshop “The forensic medicine and criminal Justice” with Mr. Fayez Bkerat from Birzeit University
- Workshop: An-Najah University, in cooperation with the Palestinian Anti-Corruption Commission, conducted a workshop “Corruption in Palestine and How to Counter it”. The speakers of the event were two professors from the Faculty of Law, Dr. Bahaa Al Ahmad and Dr. Raed Abu Badwieh, and the Anti-Corruption Deputy Prosecutor, Jamil Sajdieh. (19/4/2015).
- Workshop: “The Diversion of Palestinian Land to the Israeli Occupation; Challenges and how to counter them” was conducted by Mr. Shawkat Barghouty, the general director of Land Registration at the Palestinian Land Authority, and Dr. Qusai Awwad, a lawyer specialized in Land Law. (22/4/2015).
Moot court exercise in the Criminal Procedures class with Dr. Fadi Shadid.
Conference about "Palestine and the International Criminal Court: the consequences on the domestic legal system and on the Palestinian-Israeli conflict". On 29/10/2015, An-Najah Hosted Dr. Ali Khashan, former minister of justice, Dr. Mo'taz Qfesha, Dean of the faculty of law at Hebron University, and Dr. Mohammad Shalalde from Al- Quds university.
The faculty of law conducted a seminar about "The role of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) In documenting the Israeli violations against Palestinians", hosting Mr. Hussam Shakshir (ICRC Representative) on 18/11/2015.
- Event “Criminal policy to combat drug offenses in the new Anti- Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Law" hosted Yahia Kurdi from the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- Roundtable "The Palestinian Prisoners between the International Humanitarian Law” with Jawad Bolos, a lawyer from the Palestinian Prisoners Club Society. (16/03/2015).
- Roundtable “Legal Analysis on the Accession of Palestine to Several International Environmental Conventions”. (2/4/2015)
- Roundtable “Justice in Palestine; Challenges and its Improvement vision” with Chief Justice Ali Muhana, Director of Palestinian Judicial Council. (20/4/2015).
- Roundtable “The Role of the Independent Commission for Human Rights (ICHR) in Mentoring the Works of the Executive Authority. ANU hosted Mr. Mousa Abu-dheem, a representative of the ICHR. (1/4/2015).