In harmony with its mission, the Law Faculty at An-Najah National University welcomes applications from academics holding a PhD degree who wish to participate in the Academic Visitor program at NNU. This program is intended for visiting academics with a clearly defined research agenda.
Criteria for Designation as Visiting Academics
The following are the minimum eligibility criteria for a visiting academics designation at the University:
- The applicant must be visiting from a university, institution, or business outside Palestine.
- While Faculty of Law at An-Najah University gives preference to applicants with a doctoral degree in Law, accomplished applicants with a Master degree are also welcome to apply. It is important to note, for such applicants, there would be other arrangements. For more information, write to Dean of the Faculty of Law.
- Visiting academics must have a clear defined research agenda.
Rights and Privileges of Visitors
Visiting academics will have access to NNU facilities in order to conduct their research and/or help NNU faculty of law in research related activities. Visitors will have access to the following:
- University libraries and other public buildings.
- University health services. Visitors are eligible to use the university health services by presenting a letter from the sponsoring department or unit and paying a nominal fee.
- Discounts on campus events similar to those available to the university staff.
- Housing and offices for the visiting academics.
If the faculty wished to make special payment to a visitor for participation in a seminar or defray cost of participation, payment should be made through appropriate official channels.
Visiting academics Obligations
A visiting academic is subject to and required to observe all rules, regulations, and requirements of NNU, and its Board of Trustees, and all applicable Palestinian laws, including but not limited to conduct, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, ethical behavior, equal opportunity, compliance, safety, and health.
If applicant is planning to stay in Palestine for less than three months, he /she will have to obtain a tourist visa. In case applicant is anticipating a long term stay (three months or longer), he/she has to check with the Law Dean’s office to inquire about the visa requirements. In all cases, visiting academics are kindly asked to email the faculty dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicant will need to complete an application form which is available for download. In addition to this application form , we also require an up-to-date curriculum vitae and a recommendation letter signed by the visitor’s Head of Department (or equivalent).
Approved applicants will be informed in writing of their visiting status, along with confirmation of the dates of the visit and information with regard to practical elements of being a visitor in Nablus.
The completed application form and accompanying documents must be sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the Academic Visitor Program, please send us your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.