The Palestinian Rule of Law Awards provide scholarships for one-year academic master of laws (LLM) programs for qualified applicants from the West Bank and Gaza for study at selected law schools in the United States.
Approximately five awards will be available in 2019 for the 2019–2020 academic year.
The Palestinian Rule of Law Awards are merit-based and open to lawyers or law graduates normally resident in the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) and Gaza Strip who are:
- Proficient in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Able to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential.
- Able to begin study in the United States in the fall of 2019.
- Able to receive and maintain U.S. study visa.
- Able to receive and maintain a visa for one-month attendance at a pre-academic summer course (location to be determined).
- Able to obtain travel documents to leave and return to the West Bank or Gaza.
- Committed to returning to the West Bank or Gaza after completion of the program to serve as leaders in their fields of specialization.
Applicants should have an outstanding academic record (a BA in law or other law degree is required), professional aptitude, and leadership potential. Preference will be given to candidates with some degree of practical experience.
The program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The scholarship program does not provide the following:
- Funding for applicants who are not normally resident in the West Bank or Gaza.
- Funding for study in fields other than law.
- Funding for dependent family members.
- Funding for individuals receiving other Open Society grants during the scholarship period
- Funding for employees of Open Society directly involved in the administration of scholarship programs.
Detailed information on the Palestinian Rule of Law Awards can be found in the complete guidelines Palestinian Rule of Law Program Guidelines document that can be found in the Download Files section of this page.
Complete applications are due no later than February 15, 2019.
All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online. Visit the Open Society Foundations online application portal at online portal link to register, then follow the instructions.
Paper applications can be found in the Download Files section of this page. More instructions on how to submit the application are included in the guidelines.
عدد القراءات: 247